Posted on Jan 20, 2020 in About the writer, writers |
Read More »
- I’m one of a set of identical twins – yes, she’s a girl (that’s fraternal twins), we live far away from each other and don’t look that much alike anymore.
- I can’t tell my right hand from my left. No, none of the tricks work, it’s how my brain is wired – a form of dyslexia. If I try to tie a bow behind my back I have no idea what my hands are doing. I get lost a lot. Sometimes that’s been fun. *grin*
- I have Attention Deficit Disorder, spend five minutes around me, and you’ll know that. *grin*
- I read very fast, about 365 wpm when I was clocked at 13.
- My IQ is pretty high, too, but I couldn’t get into Mensa until after they ditched the shape tests. Then I didn’t want to.
- I’ve been married four times.
- I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress disorder from the first one. It’s gotten better than it was.
- I’m a sucker for birds with broken wings… we have two dogs we rescued (one who goes psycho with deliverymen), a one-eyed cat named Pi, and a stray I picked up name Tango – who had a broken jaw and cut whiskers, along with frostbite. He’s much better now.
- Writing ‘labels’. What box? I don’t need no stinkin’ box. Don’t try to put me in one. I’m a multi-genre writer, I like following my muse wherever he leads, although I consider myself primarily a fantasy author’
- I have tattoos on both forearms -the Four Pillars of Elven Philosophy from The Coming Storm series – Knowledge balanced by Wisdom, Justice by Compassion, overseen by the clear crystal light of Reason, but above all else, Honor.
Posted on Jan 19, 2020 in #newcover, books, Cover Art, Mystery, News, novels, Site news, Suspense, The Last Resort |
Read More »
Cover update alert!
More than just a mystery!
Carrie, an IT tech for Fairview Resort, is asked by the VP of Security to find a college student who’s disappeared. She agrees to help find the girl, but she also leads a group that calls themselves the “Rescue Rangers” who help victims of domestic violence. Add the new attorney, Drew Martin, to the team and suddenly things get… complicated.
As her search for Gwen narrows, Carrie worries she may be in need of help from the Rangers, too.
It turns out to be just the tip of the iceberg and puts Carrie squarely in the crosshairs of some dangerous people.
Get it on Amazon today!
Posted on Feb 25, 2019 in #readers, #writing, About the writer, advice, books, novels, writers |
Read More »
That’s how it is for me in all my books, I want to immerse the reader in the whole human experience. I want them to understand, really understand, the stakes involved. When the heroes, their loved ones – loves and friends – are at risk, I want the reader to experience the journey of love, loss, threat, fear, with them. Every detail is necessary and nothing is gratuitous. If two people love each other, they’ll express that in the ways that people do. Finding those people who care about them on the deepest levels, the risk of losing those precious lives, are tied to the memories of them at the most intimate moments, when they can express themselves heart to heart. Friends will remember the times they spent talking over breakfast, lunch, or dinner, laughing sometimes, or being there through the struggles of life. Lovers will remember those moments when they shared their love for each other, held each other, curled up around each other to talk, to solve the problems of the world, sharing joy, or easing each other’s sorrow. That’s what it’s all about. That’s what makes life worth living, for the people in the book, and those who are reading it.
Posted on Oct 18, 2018 in #readers, Action, books, Nike's Wings, political thriller, strong heroine, Thriller |
Read More »
A few years back I was inspired to write a political action thriller. An avid news reader, I’d been accumulating odd bits of information on a variety of subjects, including politics, terrorism to drug trafficking. One source of puzzlement was why this country has no truly fast response group, so for the purpose of the story I invented one, the National Intelligence Organization – a purposely vague title both for the agency in the book and for the book itself. Rather than our somewhat militaristic approach of wait, assess and engage, the NIO was designed to go in and assess on the run and neutralize the situation fast with as little loss of life as possible.
I’m a bit of a global thinker, putting together facts that seem random but have since proven to be not so fanciful.
The NIO is a case in point. Imagine my surprise when it turns out that in real life the Israelis have something very like the NIO for combatting terrorism, but they’re more public about it. (The Israelis also don’t allow women agents, just data gatherers, unlike Nike.) The NIO of the book isn’t public, they prefer staying in the shadows, and sharing the information they gather, or situations they deal with, to increase awareness and decrease any interagency issues.
Not to mention it makes for a darn good book.
Nike is a kick-ass woman who doesn’t take anyone’s sh*t!. She is rough, tough, and sexy appeal on a stick.
A reviewer gave it five stars – “Gripping and Emotional. Looking for a rip-roaring action thriller with great characters and emotion? You can’t go wrong with Nike’s Wings…”
Posted on Sep 6, 2018 in #audible, #audiobooks, #readers, epic fantasy, heroic fantasy, News, Romance, strong heroine |
Read More »
The #Epic #highfantasy #audiobook Song of the Fairy Queen! A tale of Kings, #wizards, #fairies, #magic, epic battles, and the alliances forged between nations and people. In print, ebook and now in Audio! With the brilliant Zak Price narrating! https://www.audible.com/pd/B07GY3PVYQ/… …
#writing #writerslife #author #books #ebook #audible